Drogba gives Blues belief
Chelsea will take a one-goal lead to the Camp Nou after edging past the champions at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.
A general 4/1 to win on the night, the Blues had to repel an early onslaught but struck on the break moments before half-time when Didier Drogba converted Ramires’ cross to land first scorer odds of 10/1 with Bet Victor.
It was an evening on which Barcelona huffed and puffed but the final touch was lacking. Cesc Fabregas spurned the visitors’ best chance in the first half while Carlos Puyol and Sergio Busquets also came close after the interval.
But it was Roberto Di Matteo’s men who held on, obliging punters who backed a 1-0 home win at 14/1.
However, Barca remain heavy favourites to qualify the final with Bwin offering a standout 6/17. Totesport go 7/2 on the Londoners making it through.
The Blues are available at 11/1 (Boylesports) to triumph in Cataluña, while they have been trimmed marginally in the outright market, now generally available at 13/2 to claim the crown.
Pep Guardiola’s side are still the tournament jollies but they are now odds against, with Real Madrid at 3s and Bayern Munich 4/1.
Result: Chelsea 1-0 Barcelona
- I just ate lobster for the first time. Rubbish. Absolutely rubbish. — 22 hours 27 min ago
- @psmcallister Fulham and QPR were just mentioned at the start of the Atletico game as in "this is a club with a lower wage bill than..." — 22 hours 28 min ago
- @frontwards @psmcallister Same hair as you circa 1999. — 22 hours 29 min ago
- @psmcallister @frontwards I'm not sure what's most embarrassing for him here. — 22 hours 45 min ago
- @psmcallister Burnley's win means you can no longer go up automatically. Sorry mate. — 22 hours 49 min ago