Drogba gives Blues belief
Chelsea will take a one-goal lead to the Camp Nou after edging past the champions at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.
A general 4/1 to win on the night, the Blues had to repel an early onslaught but struck on the break moments before half-time when Didier Drogba converted Ramires’ cross to land first scorer odds of 10/1 with Bet Victor.
It was an evening on which Barcelona huffed and puffed but the final touch was lacking. Cesc Fabregas spurned the visitors’ best chance in the first half while Carlos Puyol and Sergio Busquets also came close after the interval.
But it was Roberto Di Matteo’s men who held on, obliging punters who backed a 1-0 home win at 14/1.
However, Barca remain heavy favourites to qualify the final with Bwin offering a standout 6/17. Totesport go 7/2 on the Londoners making it through.
The Blues are available at 11/1 (Boylesports) to triumph in Cataluña, while they have been trimmed marginally in the outright market, now generally available at 13/2 to claim the crown.
Pep Guardiola’s side are still the tournament jollies but they are now odds against, with Real Madrid at 3s and Bayern Munich 4/1.
Result: Chelsea 1-0 Barcelona
- @scottyover Glad I missed it now! — 7 hours 50 min ago
- @ChrisNotMatt To be fair, @TheNorthMonkee identified @TopDaneFold as the weakest at the table, and bullied him out of most of his stack. — 13 hours 3 min ago
- @TheNorthMonkee has now left the building, repeating @LauraMCornelius voiceovers over and over in an increasingly higher and quicker tone. — 13 hours 4 min ago
- @caniggiascores http://t.co/HWStiBBxtl — 13 hours 48 min ago
- RT @mikejohnhale: https://t.co/ffu3p6OR3F — 13 hours 55 min ago