Drogba gives Blues belief
Chelsea will take a one-goal lead to the Camp Nou after edging past the champions at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.
A general 4/1 to win on the night, the Blues had to repel an early onslaught but struck on the break moments before half-time when Didier Drogba converted Ramires’ cross to land first scorer odds of 10/1 with Bet Victor.
It was an evening on which Barcelona huffed and puffed but the final touch was lacking. Cesc Fabregas spurned the visitors’ best chance in the first half while Carlos Puyol and Sergio Busquets also came close after the interval.
But it was Roberto Di Matteo’s men who held on, obliging punters who backed a 1-0 home win at 14/1.
However, Barca remain heavy favourites to qualify the final with Bwin offering a standout 6/17. Totesport go 7/2 on the Londoners making it through.
The Blues are available at 11/1 (Boylesports) to triumph in Cataluña, while they have been trimmed marginally in the outright market, now generally available at 13/2 to claim the crown.
Pep Guardiola’s side are still the tournament jollies but they are now odds against, with Real Madrid at 3s and Bayern Munich 4/1.
Result: Chelsea 1-0 Barcelona
- RT @English_AS: Juan Carlos I (King of Spain): "Madrid played better. Hala Madrid" — 1 hour 21 min ago
- Nice of Real Madrid to wear them Luton tracksuits on such a big night. — 3 hours 22 min ago
- Moyes being linked with every job going now. If he's got any sense, he'll take that long break he was supposed to take a year ago. — 10 hours 13 min ago
- @TheThomoHawk Hey pal, are you doing the Rangers v Stranraer game on Saturday? I'm back in the Stats wagon. — 10 hours 14 min ago
- @toddycounago @marklangdon @RacingPost Got mine yesterday. Leaving the house this afternoon and not coming back until I've read it! — 11 hours 3 min ago