Drogba gives Blues belief
Chelsea will take a one-goal lead to the Camp Nou after edging past the champions at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.
A general 4/1 to win on the night, the Blues had to repel an early onslaught but struck on the break moments before half-time when Didier Drogba converted Ramires’ cross to land first scorer odds of 10/1 with Bet Victor.
It was an evening on which Barcelona huffed and puffed but the final touch was lacking. Cesc Fabregas spurned the visitors’ best chance in the first half while Carlos Puyol and Sergio Busquets also came close after the interval.
But it was Roberto Di Matteo’s men who held on, obliging punters who backed a 1-0 home win at 14/1.
However, Barca remain heavy favourites to qualify the final with Bwin offering a standout 6/17. Totesport go 7/2 on the Londoners making it through.
The Blues are available at 11/1 (Boylesports) to triumph in Cataluña, while they have been trimmed marginally in the outright market, now generally available at 13/2 to claim the crown.
Pep Guardiola’s side are still the tournament jollies but they are now odds against, with Real Madrid at 3s and Bayern Munich 4/1.
Result: Chelsea 1-0 Barcelona
Best of the Bets Show
- What a beautifully picturesque view from my hotel room http://t.co/vchLuGkzId — 1 hour 57 min ago
- Tonight's prices @heavenbet are Miami at 1.26 & Indiana 3.85. The spread is 7.5 points for those looking to bet for or against the handicap. — 3 hours 32 min ago
- It's a huge weekend for the 4 teams still aiming for the NBA Finals. Miami are hot favourites but needed over-time in game 1 against Indiana — 3 hours 33 min ago
- Much frustration as the rain continues to disrupt the biggest sporting event of the week. I mean, of course, Durham v Middlesex — 3 hours 54 min ago
- @Peter_Maitland @bishbashbosh197 @sammydymond Where. On Earth. Is Lord Beaverbrook? — 1 day 6 hours ago