Manchester City are 90 minutes away from their first Premier League title after Yaya Toure’s double secured victory at the expense of Newcastle.
Roberto Mancini’s side haven’t conceded in over 270 minutes of play and know a sixth straight win on Sunday at home, where they haven’t lost all season, will clinch top spot.
QPR boosted their survival hopes thanks to Djibril Cisse’s late winner against Stoke moving Mark Hughes’ men two points clear of safety ahead of the final showdown.
Victory was the R’s’ fifth in succession at home but Rangers have lost the previous six away; shipping six at Chelsea last time on their travels.
City are proving they can handle the pressure and are unlikely to relinquish their grip on pole position at the final hurdle, leaving QPR relying on results elsewhere.
Verdict: Man City 2-0 QPR
- @Sammy_Goal They can't really afford another 'transitional season' imo. Need someone who knows the Prem and the club and is ready to go. — 5 hours 20 min ago
- @Parkypark Interesting. Depends how likely he is to start, but peak age and finishing the season with a flourish. Why not. — 6 hours 8 min ago
- Shame Valencia couldn't nick one near the end. Excitement tempered ahead of the 2nd leg. — 6 hours 38 min ago
- Stunning intro from @acjimbo on today's Football Weekly Extra. Genuine LOL on a busy metro. — 10 hours 27 min ago
- RT @HPoolMail: Hartlepool United fans are go for annual fancy dress party: http://t.co/Je8Uv7G2dt — 11 hours 58 min ago