Manchester City are 90 minutes away from their first Premier League title after Yaya Toure’s double secured victory at the expense of Newcastle.
Roberto Mancini’s side haven’t conceded in over 270 minutes of play and know a sixth straight win on Sunday at home, where they haven’t lost all season, will clinch top spot.
QPR boosted their survival hopes thanks to Djibril Cisse’s late winner against Stoke moving Mark Hughes’ men two points clear of safety ahead of the final showdown.
Victory was the R’s’ fifth in succession at home but Rangers have lost the previous six away; shipping six at Chelsea last time on their travels.
City are proving they can handle the pressure and are unlikely to relinquish their grip on pole position at the final hurdle, leaving QPR relying on results elsewhere.
Verdict: Man City 2-0 QPR
- RT @robmcfc: @markbooth_mcfc Adebayor had the right idea. — 14 min 24 sec ago
- RT @Fraudulent72: It's time for yellow cards for not celebrating goals. Kick it out. — 19 min ago
- RT @juliette_grace: Uwe Rosler: "I'm looking to play a 4-3-3; the players are very familiar with the formation from the past, from Roberto.… — 3 hours 32 min ago
- If Aguero needs motivation to maintain his fine early season form, and maybe even aspire to something more, he's got it. — 8 hours 26 min ago
- Masterstroke from Pellegrini to compare Aguero and Suarez, intentional or not. Everybody's talking about it, vast majority saying Suarez. — 8 hours 28 min ago