Manchester City are 90 minutes away from their first Premier League title after Yaya Toure’s double secured victory at the expense of Newcastle.
Roberto Mancini’s side haven’t conceded in over 270 minutes of play and know a sixth straight win on Sunday at home, where they haven’t lost all season, will clinch top spot.
QPR boosted their survival hopes thanks to Djibril Cisse’s late winner against Stoke moving Mark Hughes’ men two points clear of safety ahead of the final showdown.
Victory was the R’s’ fifth in succession at home but Rangers have lost the previous six away; shipping six at Chelsea last time on their travels.
City are proving they can handle the pressure and are unlikely to relinquish their grip on pole position at the final hurdle, leaving QPR relying on results elsewhere.
Verdict: Man City 2-0 QPR
- RT @English_AS: Juan Carlos I (King of Spain): "Madrid played better. Hala Madrid" — 5 hours 30 min ago
- Nice of Real Madrid to wear them Luton tracksuits on such a big night. — 7 hours 31 min ago
- Moyes being linked with every job going now. If he's got any sense, he'll take that long break he was supposed to take a year ago. — 14 hours 22 min ago
- @TheThomoHawk Hey pal, are you doing the Rangers v Stranraer game on Saturday? I'm back in the Stats wagon. — 14 hours 23 min ago
- @toddycounago @marklangdon @RacingPost Got mine yesterday. Leaving the house this afternoon and not coming back until I've read it! — 15 hours 12 min ago