Manchester City are 90 minutes away from their first Premier League title after Yaya Toure’s double secured victory at the expense of Newcastle.
Roberto Mancini’s side haven’t conceded in over 270 minutes of play and know a sixth straight win on Sunday at home, where they haven’t lost all season, will clinch top spot.
QPR boosted their survival hopes thanks to Djibril Cisse’s late winner against Stoke moving Mark Hughes’ men two points clear of safety ahead of the final showdown.
Victory was the R’s’ fifth in succession at home but Rangers have lost the previous six away; shipping six at Chelsea last time on their travels.
City are proving they can handle the pressure and are unlikely to relinquish their grip on pole position at the final hurdle, leaving QPR relying on results elsewhere.
Verdict: Man City 2-0 QPR
- So Fergie's selling his wine. Like any connoisseur would. £3m he wants for it. This could yet be his greatest coup. #mindgames — 3 hours 18 min ago
- @dih_uk I wish that was our midfield - with one sitting deep and Lewis Holtby just ahead. — 3 hours 53 min ago
- Has anybody else completed the official 2014 Daniele De Rossi sticker album? http://t.co/04SK0aslvQ — 4 hours 43 min ago
- @coyney78 Nothing concrete as yet, except I'm looking for reasons not to be with Argentina. Dream draw for them on many levels. — 7 hours 18 min ago
- @VidalAndreas Aye, now and again! — 7 hours 32 min ago