Manchester City are 90 minutes away from their first Premier League title after Yaya Toure’s double secured victory at the expense of Newcastle.
Roberto Mancini’s side haven’t conceded in over 270 minutes of play and know a sixth straight win on Sunday at home, where they haven’t lost all season, will clinch top spot.
QPR boosted their survival hopes thanks to Djibril Cisse’s late winner against Stoke moving Mark Hughes’ men two points clear of safety ahead of the final showdown.
Victory was the R’s’ fifth in succession at home but Rangers have lost the previous six away; shipping six at Chelsea last time on their travels.
City are proving they can handle the pressure and are unlikely to relinquish their grip on pole position at the final hurdle, leaving QPR relying on results elsewhere.
Verdict: Man City 2-0 QPR
- @daysofspeed @The_Paris_Angel Heartwarming close-up of joyous Blackburn fan giving double Vs to Danny Ings after disallowed goal yesterday. — 5 hours 29 min ago
- RT @StevenageFC: Tuesday night games at The Lamex have been fun this season. P6, W6, F13, A4, GD+9. Who fancies a 7th win tomorrow? http://… — 5 hours 34 min ago
- @ManCityMEN @PeterSpencerMEN What exactly is Fred offering 66/1 about? Looks like a 1-3 correct score price to me. Need to make it clear. — 8 hours 58 min ago
- @scottyover Glad I missed it now! — 20 hours 55 min ago
- @ChrisNotMatt To be fair, @TheNorthMonkee identified @TopDaneFold as the weakest at the table, and bullied him out of most of his stack. — 1 day 2 hours ago