Middlesbrough kept the pressure on the play-off spots as a narrow victory away at Derby kept them just two points behind the teams in fifth and sixth spots.
It was Boro’s first victory after an eight-match winless run over March and April.
Doncaster’s relegation was confirmed when they twice lost the lead in Saturday 4-3 home defeat to fellow strugglers Portsmouth.
It was a fourth straight defeat for Dean Saunders’ side, who are without a win in 10 outings, and are now five points behind Pompey in 23rd, while Habib Beye is suspended.
Middlesbrough have won eight of their last nine against Doncaster, and Boro should show their superior ability and ease to the points again.
Verdict: Middlesbrough 3-0 Doncaster
- @sammydymond @ElmerMatt At the time, we thought Nuts took a terrible penalty v The Czechs, but Borini & Baines clearly thought otherwise — 17 hours 23 min ago
- @HeavenBetGareth Ah yes, cue vacuous music. — 19 hours 4 min ago
- I thought that when @sammydymond signed up for that gig he asked for 2 things in his contract. And that no terrible vacuous music was 1? — 19 hours 5 min ago
- @sammydymond I've always wondered exactly what Henry Afrika's of Scunthorpe is — 19 hours 9 min ago
- @sammydymond Don't worry Hull fans - you're in safe hands with Walford. And McAllister. — 19 hours 14 min ago