Middlesbrough kept the pressure on the play-off spots as a narrow victory away at Derby kept them just two points behind the teams in fifth and sixth spots.
It was Boro’s first victory after an eight-match winless run over March and April.
Doncaster’s relegation was confirmed when they twice lost the lead in Saturday 4-3 home defeat to fellow strugglers Portsmouth.
It was a fourth straight defeat for Dean Saunders’ side, who are without a win in 10 outings, and are now five points behind Pompey in 23rd, while Habib Beye is suspended.
Middlesbrough have won eight of their last nine against Doncaster, and Boro should show their superior ability and ease to the points again.
Verdict: Middlesbrough 3-0 Doncaster
Best of the Bets Show
- Big basketball action tonight as the Spurs meet the Grizzlies. @Heavenbet prices are available here: http://t.co/hiOy0ziDHX — 9 hours 41 min ago
- @vasman60 Yeah, well weird. Don't mind this Eastern/Western business, so long as they sort a bog-standard round-robin. — 10 hours 30 min ago
- Been umming and ahhing about punting on MLS but my OCD couldn't cope with a league consisting of 19 teams. Nice one, City. #fuckoffredbulls — 10 hours 41 min ago
- @OllieHolt22 It's also going to be the most biased thing you've ever read. Loved his last one, but nearly every page needed a pinch of salt. — 11 hours 30 min ago
- If Arsene Wenger steps down this summer, Twitter will be the world's longest-serving manager of tiresome tweets. — 11 hours 43 min ago