Middlesbrough kept the pressure on the play-off spots as a narrow victory away at Derby kept them just two points behind the teams in fifth and sixth spots.
It was Boro’s first victory after an eight-match winless run over March and April.
Doncaster’s relegation was confirmed when they twice lost the lead in Saturday 4-3 home defeat to fellow strugglers Portsmouth.
It was a fourth straight defeat for Dean Saunders’ side, who are without a win in 10 outings, and are now five points behind Pompey in 23rd, while Habib Beye is suspended.
Middlesbrough have won eight of their last nine against Doncaster, and Boro should show their superior ability and ease to the points again.
Verdict: Middlesbrough 3-0 Doncaster
- Moyes being linked with every job going now. If he's got any sense, he'll take that long break he was supposed to take a year ago. — 5 hours 3 min ago
- @TheThomoHawk Hey pal, are you doing the Rangers v Stranraer game on Saturday? I'm back in the Stats wagon. — 5 hours 4 min ago
- @toddycounago @marklangdon @RacingPost Got mine yesterday. Leaving the house this afternoon and not coming back until I've read it! — 5 hours 53 min ago
- @herecomestroy Money not my focus. No help as a punter. Prefer to look at personality, culture, etc. City long-term orientated, Chelsea not. — 6 hours 1 min ago
- @_WhiteFever_ United's biggest core value is win at all costs. But agree, that's the only sticking point in the case for Mourinho. — 6 hours 9 min ago