Notts County are winless in three after having taken 16 points from the first 18 available under Keith Curle.
The Magpies have fallen down to eighth, four points shy of the play-off places, and they have shipped seven goals in their last two home outings. Neal Bishop misses out through suspension once more.
Oldham boss Paul Dickov continues to be frustrated by his side’s topsy-turvy form.
The Latics followed up back-to-back 1-0 successes with a home defeat by the same margin against Oldham in midweek.
Striker Robbie Simpson is pushing for a return to the starting line-up following a foot injury.
Although Athletic are capable of a surprise on the road, the hosts are desperate to inch closer to the top six and that desire should see them through.
Verdict: Notts County 1-0 Oldham
Best of the Bets Show
- @drhorsewhip Agreed on all counts. I make Rochdale no bigger than 12s myself. — 41 min 11 sec ago
- Without wishing to sound all @HeavenBetGareth, the Siena v Milan referee is definitely bent. — 10 hours 1 min ago
- Enjoying this Lampard interview on Sky. Penalties getting harder, he says. Keepers studying like never before. Game theory gone mad. — 12 hours 9 min ago
- @drhorsewhip Thanks Chris. I was with you on Nhampton but only small scale. Shame they didn't nick 3rd. Any early L2 thoughts for next year? — 12 hours 14 min ago
- @ilungamwepu He's only in it for the bitches. — 13 hours 34 min ago