Notts County are winless in three after having taken 16 points from the first 18 available under Keith Curle.
The Magpies have fallen down to eighth, four points shy of the play-off places, and they have shipped seven goals in their last two home outings. Neal Bishop misses out through suspension once more.
Oldham boss Paul Dickov continues to be frustrated by his side’s topsy-turvy form.
The Latics followed up back-to-back 1-0 successes with a home defeat by the same margin against Oldham in midweek.
Striker Robbie Simpson is pushing for a return to the starting line-up following a foot injury.
Although Athletic are capable of a surprise on the road, the hosts are desperate to inch closer to the top six and that desire should see them through.
Verdict: Notts County 1-0 Oldham
- @NumberSixtyOne Ha, cheers Ian. Glad somebody noticed! — 16 hours 35 min ago
- @keejayOV I promised myself I wouldn't get too heavily involved but these crazy logistics are reeling me in! — 17 hours 4 min ago
- @keejayOV No idea. Still trying to get my head around all the logistics - travel, climate, etc. Gonna be such a bonkers tournament! — 17 hours 14 min ago
- 1424km. That's the average distance teams will travel between group games at Brazil 2014. About the same as London to Budapest. — 17 hours 20 min ago
- RT @BeckyGamester: Interesting stuff on @MatlockRichard 's timeline right now. I like Billy as a manager but his problem with the media is … — 18 hours 15 min ago