Notts County are winless in three after having taken 16 points from the first 18 available under Keith Curle.
The Magpies have fallen down to eighth, four points shy of the play-off places, and they have shipped seven goals in their last two home outings. Neal Bishop misses out through suspension once more.
Oldham boss Paul Dickov continues to be frustrated by his side’s topsy-turvy form.
The Latics followed up back-to-back 1-0 successes with a home defeat by the same margin against Oldham in midweek.
Striker Robbie Simpson is pushing for a return to the starting line-up following a foot injury.
Although Athletic are capable of a surprise on the road, the hosts are desperate to inch closer to the top six and that desire should see them through.
Verdict: Notts County 1-0 Oldham
- @Sammy_Goal They can't really afford another 'transitional season' imo. Need someone who knows the Prem and the club and is ready to go. — 4 hours 10 min ago
- @Parkypark Interesting. Depends how likely he is to start, but peak age and finishing the season with a flourish. Why not. — 4 hours 58 min ago
- Shame Valencia couldn't nick one near the end. Excitement tempered ahead of the 2nd leg. — 5 hours 28 min ago
- Stunning intro from @acjimbo on today's Football Weekly Extra. Genuine LOL on a busy metro. — 9 hours 17 min ago
- RT @HPoolMail: Hartlepool United fans are go for annual fancy dress party: http://t.co/Je8Uv7G2dt — 10 hours 48 min ago