Notts County are winless in three after having taken 16 points from the first 18 available under Keith Curle.
The Magpies have fallen down to eighth, four points shy of the play-off places, and they have shipped seven goals in their last two home outings. Neal Bishop misses out through suspension once more.
Oldham boss Paul Dickov continues to be frustrated by his side’s topsy-turvy form.
The Latics followed up back-to-back 1-0 successes with a home defeat by the same margin against Oldham in midweek.
Striker Robbie Simpson is pushing for a return to the starting line-up following a foot injury.
Although Athletic are capable of a surprise on the road, the hosts are desperate to inch closer to the top six and that desire should see them through.
Verdict: Notts County 1-0 Oldham
- I just ate lobster for the first time. Rubbish. Absolutely rubbish. — 8 hours 2 min ago
- @psmcallister Fulham and QPR were just mentioned at the start of the Atletico game as in "this is a club with a lower wage bill than..." — 8 hours 3 min ago
- @frontwards @psmcallister Same hair as you circa 1999. — 8 hours 4 min ago
- @psmcallister @frontwards I'm not sure what's most embarrassing for him here. — 8 hours 20 min ago
- @psmcallister Burnley's win means you can no longer go up automatically. Sorry mate. — 8 hours 24 min ago