Notts County are winless in three after having taken 16 points from the first 18 available under Keith Curle.
The Magpies have fallen down to eighth, four points shy of the play-off places, and they have shipped seven goals in their last two home outings. Neal Bishop misses out through suspension once more.
Oldham boss Paul Dickov continues to be frustrated by his side’s topsy-turvy form.
The Latics followed up back-to-back 1-0 successes with a home defeat by the same margin against Oldham in midweek.
Striker Robbie Simpson is pushing for a return to the starting line-up following a foot injury.
Although Athletic are capable of a surprise on the road, the hosts are desperate to inch closer to the top six and that desire should see them through.
Verdict: Notts County 1-0 Oldham
- RT @sidlowe: Paco Jemez, Rayo manager: "All you need to play football is one ball and two bollocks". — 35 min 25 sec ago
- @priteshparmar @acesangel86 Is @TheNorthMonkee doing yet another legendary @LauraMCornelius impression, or is he teaching Alex to suck eggs? — 5 hours 9 min ago
- Emotional day @HeavenBet Towers today as @thenorthmonkee retires after an unbroken 47 years service for the company. End of an era stuff. — 5 hours 25 min ago
- @footballfactman @MC_of_A Here here, Paul. Much appreciated, Michael. — 16 hours 47 min ago
- RT @MC_of_A: And for La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga. Advanced statistics on shot location and expected goals: http://t.co/XDls3potkq — 16 hours 53 min ago