Oldham could do with a few more points to secure safety, after losing three in a row.
They sit seven points clear of the relegation places but haven’t scored in any of those three defeats, with the latest of those coming at Brentford on Tuesday night.
Charlton sit six points clear at the top, a lead which has been reduced after the Addicks’ recent stuttering run.
Chris Powell’s side have won two of their last six and lost at Huddersfield in their last away outing. Midfielder Darel Russell remains suspended for the visitors.
The Latics are capable of springing a surprise but with the finish line in sight, the Londoners should have the focus to edge this one.
Verdict: Oldham 0-1 Charlton
- @Sammy_Goal They can't really afford another 'transitional season' imo. Need someone who knows the Prem and the club and is ready to go. — 4 hours 9 min ago
- @Parkypark Interesting. Depends how likely he is to start, but peak age and finishing the season with a flourish. Why not. — 4 hours 57 min ago
- Shame Valencia couldn't nick one near the end. Excitement tempered ahead of the 2nd leg. — 5 hours 27 min ago
- Stunning intro from @acjimbo on today's Football Weekly Extra. Genuine LOL on a busy metro. — 9 hours 16 min ago
- RT @HPoolMail: Hartlepool United fans are go for annual fancy dress party: http://t.co/Je8Uv7G2dt — 10 hours 47 min ago