Stoke’s unspectacular end to the campaign continued after Peter Crouch’s opener against Arsenal could only muster the Potters a point.
City have won once in their last eight outings despite being unbeaten in their last five at the Britannia Stadium, leaking just three goals.
Everton remain favourites for seventh after extending their hot streak in front of goal with four against Fulham for the third successive game.
Nikica Jelavic’s third brace in four outings helped the Toffees rack up a fourth win in six matches, keeping four clean sheets in the process.
Stoke are proving resilient at home but face a tough test against an in-form Everton side, whose firepower might just lead them to another victory.
Verdict: Stoke 1-2 Everton
- Arsenal 1.66, Draw 3.8, Everton a tempting 5.45 @HeavenBet. Get involved! — 26 min 4 sec ago
- We've got our Fulham back! The Renelution begins... #fb — 40 min 35 sec ago
- RT @nickgoff79: Kevin Nolan: 2013-14 Suspended Boxing Day. 2012-13 Suspended New Years Day. 2011-12 Suspended New Years Eve. 2010-11 Suspen… — 4 hours 3 min ago
- @TurnDeCruyff Done. — 4 hours 10 min ago
- @Chrisdavies1966 I'm open-minded. My only point is that it's not difficult to do. It would actually be very easy, without looking too dodgy. — 4 hours 42 min ago