Stoke’s unspectacular end to the campaign continued after Peter Crouch’s opener against Arsenal could only muster the Potters a point.
City have won once in their last eight outings despite being unbeaten in their last five at the Britannia Stadium, leaking just three goals.
Everton remain favourites for seventh after extending their hot streak in front of goal with four against Fulham for the third successive game.
Nikica Jelavic’s third brace in four outings helped the Toffees rack up a fourth win in six matches, keeping four clean sheets in the process.
Stoke are proving resilient at home but face a tough test against an in-form Everton side, whose firepower might just lead them to another victory.
Verdict: Stoke 1-2 Everton
- RT @English_AS: Juan Carlos I (King of Spain): "Madrid played better. Hala Madrid" — 1 hour 22 min ago
- Nice of Real Madrid to wear them Luton tracksuits on such a big night. — 3 hours 23 min ago
- Moyes being linked with every job going now. If he's got any sense, he'll take that long break he was supposed to take a year ago. — 10 hours 13 min ago
- @TheThomoHawk Hey pal, are you doing the Rangers v Stranraer game on Saturday? I'm back in the Stats wagon. — 10 hours 15 min ago
- @toddycounago @marklangdon @RacingPost Got mine yesterday. Leaving the house this afternoon and not coming back until I've read it! — 11 hours 4 min ago