Stoke’s unspectacular end to the campaign continued after Peter Crouch’s opener against Arsenal could only muster the Potters a point.
City have won once in their last eight outings despite being unbeaten in their last five at the Britannia Stadium, leaking just three goals.
Everton remain favourites for seventh after extending their hot streak in front of goal with four against Fulham for the third successive game.
Nikica Jelavic’s third brace in four outings helped the Toffees rack up a fourth win in six matches, keeping four clean sheets in the process.
Stoke are proving resilient at home but face a tough test against an in-form Everton side, whose firepower might just lead them to another victory.
Verdict: Stoke 1-2 Everton
Best of the Bets Show
- Hoffenheim only qualified for this play-off with two late penalties to win at Dortmund. Will their luck hold again tonight? — 1 hour 43 min ago
- Today's big match is the relegation decider in Germany. Hoffenheim 1.9 v Kaiserslautern 4.17 @heavenbet The draw is 3.45 — 1 hour 44 min ago
- @dih_uk That's one of my favourite ever FFL sketches! I voted B-C-A, by the way. — 13 hours 21 min ago
- @dih_uk Goal of the season competition from 1987/88 (when football wasn't rubbish) http://t.co/SvO1PAuLXQ Can you spot the trend? — 21 hours 3 min ago
- @Jonathan__Hill No mate, just footy atm, although Sam's your man for such enquiries now. Not sure about the summer schedule. — 1 day 4 hours ago