Tranmere’s fine run under Ronnie Moore continued on Tuesday night as Rovers sealed a 2-0 success at Rochdale.
The Merseysiders are unbeaten in the five games since Moore returned to replace Les Parry and in all they haven’t lost in eight home outings, although five of those have ended in draws.
Exeter manager Paul Tisdale admits he isn’t surprised that his side have endured a sticky patch of late.
The Grecians lost for the fourth match in succession during the week as they were beaten by fellow-strugglers Wycombe. City, who are winless in six on the road, sit five points from safety.
Tisdale’s men don’t travel well and they look set for more punishment at resurgent Rovers.
Verdict: Tranmere 2-0 Exeter
- @Salf0rdRed Over the first decade, definitely. Over the second decade, hmm... Fergie's influence unhealthy for the league in the end. — 14 min 45 sec ago
- All this talk of lucky Liverpool - decisions, injuries, deflections, etc. It's what happens when you go after teams and play without fear. — 46 min 55 sec ago
- @AlexWPoker Maybe. But they're a mood team imo, good when it clicks. And this exactly the kind of hollow victory KR likes to dine out on. — 54 min 53 sec ago
- @AlexWPoker I'm backing MK. Agree with Brentford party theory. My ratings have it much closer in any case. — 1 hour 56 sec ago
- RT @paul_tomkins: @MiguelDelaney We got 82 and 86 points under Rafa and I’ll always defend his time. Rodgers getting in Dr Peters the big m… — 1 hour 52 min ago