Tranmere’s fine run under Ronnie Moore continued on Tuesday night as Rovers sealed a 2-0 success at Rochdale.
The Merseysiders are unbeaten in the five games since Moore returned to replace Les Parry and in all they haven’t lost in eight home outings, although five of those have ended in draws.
Exeter manager Paul Tisdale admits he isn’t surprised that his side have endured a sticky patch of late.
The Grecians lost for the fourth match in succession during the week as they were beaten by fellow-strugglers Wycombe. City, who are winless in six on the road, sit five points from safety.
Tisdale’s men don’t travel well and they look set for more punishment at resurgent Rovers.
Verdict: Tranmere 2-0 Exeter
- Nice of Real Madrid to wear them Luton tracksuits on such a big night. — 1 hour 40 min ago
- Moyes being linked with every job going now. If he's got any sense, he'll take that long break he was supposed to take a year ago. — 8 hours 31 min ago
- @TheThomoHawk Hey pal, are you doing the Rangers v Stranraer game on Saturday? I'm back in the Stats wagon. — 8 hours 32 min ago
- @toddycounago @marklangdon @RacingPost Got mine yesterday. Leaving the house this afternoon and not coming back until I've read it! — 9 hours 22 min ago
- @herecomestroy Money not my focus. No help as a punter. Prefer to look at personality, culture, etc. City long-term orientated, Chelsea not. — 9 hours 29 min ago