Tranmere’s fine run under Ronnie Moore continued on Tuesday night as Rovers sealed a 2-0 success at Rochdale.
The Merseysiders are unbeaten in the five games since Moore returned to replace Les Parry and in all they haven’t lost in eight home outings, although five of those have ended in draws.
Exeter manager Paul Tisdale admits he isn’t surprised that his side have endured a sticky patch of late.
The Grecians lost for the fourth match in succession during the week as they were beaten by fellow-strugglers Wycombe. City, who are winless in six on the road, sit five points from safety.
Tisdale’s men don’t travel well and they look set for more punishment at resurgent Rovers.
Verdict: Tranmere 2-0 Exeter
- @CraigKemp32 Without doubt. Happily take on a couple of heavyweights in the right climate. — 7 hours 50 min ago
- Attention now firmly fixed on WC draw. This time tomorrow, I'll have jumped to rigid conclusions about at least 15 matches. All upsets. — 8 hours 5 min ago
- Well, that's my interest in Gateshead v Oxford over. Don't think I'll bother with extra time. Cue 91st-minute Gateshead goal... — 8 hours 10 min ago
- RT @SSNRadio: #FLH Management Special from 7pm with Greg Abbott, Phil Brown, Lee Johnson plus @Kevin__Davies @Brano1979 http://t.co/321OjSq… — 10 hours 43 min ago
- RT @OxfordMailOUFC: That's two senior debuts in the form of Matt Bevans and David Lynn. Raynes & Mullins have knocks, so Hunt & Newey at CB… — 10 hours 45 min ago