Tranmere fell to their third defeat in four away matches on Saturday, going down 4-2 at Colchester but Rovers are unbeaten in 11 at Prenton Park.
Ronnie Moore’s side could yet finish the campaign in the top half, having been in trouble at the bottom earlier in the year.
Scunthorpe allayed their relegation fears, too, with a ten-match unbeaten run during the spring but they are winless in three since.
The Iron followed up back-to-back defeats with a home draw against Bournemouth last time out and could end up as high as 15th.
Rovers have drawn ten home games while Scunny have drawn 11 away and a stalemate looks a good bet in this final fixture.
Verdict: Tranmere 1-1 Scunthorpe
- So Fergie's selling his wine. Like any connoisseur would. £3m he wants for it. This could yet be his greatest coup. #mindgames — 14 hours 11 min ago
- @dih_uk I wish that was our midfield - with one sitting deep and Lewis Holtby just ahead. — 14 hours 46 min ago
- Has anybody else completed the official 2014 Daniele De Rossi sticker album? http://t.co/04SK0aslvQ — 15 hours 36 min ago
- @coyney78 Nothing concrete as yet, except I'm looking for reasons not to be with Argentina. Dream draw for them on many levels. — 18 hours 11 min ago
- @VidalAndreas Aye, now and again! — 18 hours 25 min ago