Tranmere fell to their third defeat in four away matches on Saturday, going down 4-2 at Colchester but Rovers are unbeaten in 11 at Prenton Park.
Ronnie Moore’s side could yet finish the campaign in the top half, having been in trouble at the bottom earlier in the year.
Scunthorpe allayed their relegation fears, too, with a ten-match unbeaten run during the spring but they are winless in three since.
The Iron followed up back-to-back defeats with a home draw against Bournemouth last time out and could end up as high as 15th.
Rovers have drawn ten home games while Scunny have drawn 11 away and a stalemate looks a good bet in this final fixture.
Verdict: Tranmere 1-1 Scunthorpe
|1pt Dartford to beat Halifax at 5/2|
- @tommillard Classic! — 1 hour 21 min ago
- RT @tommillard: @Miguel_MCFC Or to quote the ancient German proverb: He who brings his own deckchairs need not worry about leaving towels. — 1 hour 22 min ago
- Time to readjust my outright tissue as 'the Germans' take World Cup preparation to a new level: http://t.co/3WwuoHvYqu … — 1 hour 39 min ago
- @papillon711 Never disputed Moyes is the right man, if he's given time. Recent issues suggest he needs a lot of it. — 1 hour 46 min ago
- @papillon711 Better than winning nothing, surely? Most importantly, he'd be the main man and might start enjoying his football again. — 1 hour 55 min ago