Tranmere fell to their third defeat in four away matches on Saturday, going down 4-2 at Colchester but Rovers are unbeaten in 11 at Prenton Park.
Ronnie Moore’s side could yet finish the campaign in the top half, having been in trouble at the bottom earlier in the year.
Scunthorpe allayed their relegation fears, too, with a ten-match unbeaten run during the spring but they are winless in three since.
The Iron followed up back-to-back defeats with a home draw against Bournemouth last time out and could end up as high as 15th.
Rovers have drawn ten home games while Scunny have drawn 11 away and a stalemate looks a good bet in this final fixture.
Verdict: Tranmere 1-1 Scunthorpe
- RT @English_AS: Juan Carlos I (King of Spain): "Madrid played better. Hala Madrid" — 11 hours 20 min ago
- Nice of Real Madrid to wear them Luton tracksuits on such a big night. — 13 hours 21 min ago
- Moyes being linked with every job going now. If he's got any sense, he'll take that long break he was supposed to take a year ago. — 20 hours 12 min ago
- @TheThomoHawk Hey pal, are you doing the Rangers v Stranraer game on Saturday? I'm back in the Stats wagon. — 20 hours 13 min ago
- @toddycounago @marklangdon @RacingPost Got mine yesterday. Leaving the house this afternoon and not coming back until I've read it! — 21 hours 2 min ago