Wycombe manager Gary Waddock was seething after his side’s 4-0 surrender at Chesterfield on Monday.
Waddock reckoned Wanderers had shown a lack of effort in Derbyshire, with the defeat leaving them four points adrift of safety. However, they are unbeaten in five at Adams Park, drawing the last three.
Oldham lost and failed to score for the fifth match in succession as they were beaten 3-0 at Sheffield Wednesday on Monday.
That run sees the goal-shy Latics sitting in 18th, six points clear of the relegation places, although they have seen off Hartlepool and Sheffield United on the road in 2012.
Time is running out for the Chairboys but the visitors are struggling for confidence and could be dragged further into a battle on Saturday.
Verdict: Wycombe 2-1 Oldham
- @sammydymond @ElmerMatt At the time, we thought Nuts took a terrible penalty v The Czechs, but Borini & Baines clearly thought otherwise — 22 hours 54 min ago
- @HeavenBetGareth Ah yes, cue vacuous music. — 1 day 34 min ago
- I thought that when @sammydymond signed up for that gig he asked for 2 things in his contract. And that no terrible vacuous music was 1? — 1 day 35 min ago
- @sammydymond I've always wondered exactly what Henry Afrika's of Scunthorpe is — 1 day 40 min ago
- @sammydymond Don't worry Hull fans - you're in safe hands with Walford. And McAllister. — 1 day 44 min ago