Wycombe manager Gary Waddock was seething after his side’s 4-0 surrender at Chesterfield on Monday.
Waddock reckoned Wanderers had shown a lack of effort in Derbyshire, with the defeat leaving them four points adrift of safety. However, they are unbeaten in five at Adams Park, drawing the last three.
Oldham lost and failed to score for the fifth match in succession as they were beaten 3-0 at Sheffield Wednesday on Monday.
That run sees the goal-shy Latics sitting in 18th, six points clear of the relegation places, although they have seen off Hartlepool and Sheffield United on the road in 2012.
Time is running out for the Chairboys but the visitors are struggling for confidence and could be dragged further into a battle on Saturday.
Verdict: Wycombe 2-1 Oldham
- @Sammy_Goal They can't really afford another 'transitional season' imo. Need someone who knows the Prem and the club and is ready to go. — 10 hours 57 min ago
- @Parkypark Interesting. Depends how likely he is to start, but peak age and finishing the season with a flourish. Why not. — 11 hours 45 min ago
- Shame Valencia couldn't nick one near the end. Excitement tempered ahead of the 2nd leg. — 12 hours 15 min ago
- Stunning intro from @acjimbo on today's Football Weekly Extra. Genuine LOL on a busy metro. — 16 hours 4 min ago
- RT @HPoolMail: Hartlepool United fans are go for annual fancy dress party: http://t.co/Je8Uv7G2dt — 17 hours 35 min ago