The same fixture last season remains Burton’s only victory against the Gills ahead of Saturday’s clash at the Pirelli Stadium.
The Dons’ first trip to the Proact Stadium ended in a 4-3 win, with Saturday’s double hero Luke Moore getting onto the scoresheet.
Town are looking for victory this weekend at Whaddon Road, having only beaten Gillingham once in the league back in 2007.
Gillingham can guarantee promotion back to League One if they record a win against struggling Torquay and results go their way.
The League leaders seek to get back to winning ways with and overcome a Rotherham team looking for three points.
High-flying Gills travel to Highbury with hopes of extending their eight point lead at the top of the table.
As Saturday’s clash at the Proact Stadium approaches, Accrington will be looking for their first away win against the Gills.
Torquay have gradually improved since Alan Knill took charge, but Chesterfield can bring them to a grinding halt on Tuesday night.
The last time Dale beat the Gills at Spotland came in 1996, even before current manager Keith Hill had even joined as a player.
Mike Holden believes a resurgent Barnet outfit can boost their survival hopes when they travel to the Crown Ground this Saturday.
Manager Jim Bentley was amongst the starting XI when the sides first met in 2008, with the Gills firing five past the Shrimps.
Ahead of Tuesday’s game at St James’ Park, a late Jamie Cureton goal gave City victory when both sides last met four months ago.
- @wolvesbradders Think his ability will only become more obvious the higher up he goes. Reminds me of Paul Lambert in that respect. — 3 hours 38 min ago
- @adamkeyworth Does seem that PV is being groomed. They might both get the job at different times. Both got time ahead of them. — 3 hours 40 min ago
- @SteWinny @adamkeyworth Why not? 4-5 years is a long time. If he measures up to Martinez over that period... — 3 hours 43 min ago
- @S_Q_U_E_L_C_H Think Whelan's one of the most patient chairmen about. Speaks volumes for his opinion of Owen Coyle! — 3 hours 46 min ago
- To be so firmly back in the focus of City fans through local media will only strengthen his position if he proves to be successful. — 3 hours 59 min ago