Portsmouth will finish bottom of the League One table but could still go out on a high with victory over Shrewsbury on Saturday.
With relegation and play-offs confirmed, Portsmouth and Sheffield United's clash on Saturday is little more than a formality.
An elated Portsmouth outfit could climb out of the bottom four with victory against third-placed Brentford on Saturday.
Portsmouth go on the hunt for a fourth successive home win against a Stevenage outfit unbeaten under Graham Westley's new reign.
Despite the difference in league positions, Portsmouth head into their clash with Tranmere on Monday the in-form team.
All attentions will be on closing the five-point gap between them and safety for Portsmouth as they travel to Preston on Friday.
Coventry will look for their sixth straight away win when they travel to Portsmouth, who sunk back down to bottom spot last week.
Portsmouth will be desperate to avoid slipping back to bottom spot when they travel to Leyton Orient's Brisbane Road on Tuesday.
Portsmouth face a difficult task in their quest to recover from Tuesday's loss as they travel to leaders Doncaster on Saturday.
League One's bottom two clubs will meet on Saturday as Portsmouth aim to build on a first win in 23 games with victory over Bury.
Suarez superlatives, worried Wolves and stuttering Stevenage feature as we recall what stood out for us over the football weekend.
Portsmouth will search for just their fourth point in five matches when they face Crewe at Gresty Road on Saturday.
- @Daniel_Shack It still wouldn't be the least edible cuisine I've had inside a football ground. Long live the Fire Pie of Gigg Lane, Bury. — 1 hour 9 min ago
- Doesn't change the fact that anything can happen in the play-offs but purely on their numbers, the price is a good one. — 2 hours 37 min ago
- Won nine out of 10 after today, but I'm going back 20-odd matches. They've been matching Luton stride for stride since Christmas. — 2 hours 38 min ago
- Not sure if I'm late to the party with this one but Halifax look a tidy bet for promotion at 10/3. Smashing it to pieces on my ratings. — 2 hours 45 min ago
- I really don't believe that St Mirren v Hibs is trending alongside the new Superman film and a fire in a safari park. http://t.co/Up1vcCA4Fr — 3 hours 2 min ago