Portsmouth will finish bottom of the League One table but could still go out on a high with victory over Shrewsbury on Saturday.
With relegation and play-offs confirmed, Portsmouth and Sheffield United's clash on Saturday is little more than a formality.
An elated Portsmouth outfit could climb out of the bottom four with victory against third-placed Brentford on Saturday.
Portsmouth go on the hunt for a fourth successive home win against a Stevenage outfit unbeaten under Graham Westley's new reign.
Despite the difference in league positions, Portsmouth head into their clash with Tranmere on Monday the in-form team.
All attentions will be on closing the five-point gap between them and safety for Portsmouth as they travel to Preston on Friday.
Coventry will look for their sixth straight away win when they travel to Portsmouth, who sunk back down to bottom spot last week.
Portsmouth will be desperate to avoid slipping back to bottom spot when they travel to Leyton Orient's Brisbane Road on Tuesday.
Portsmouth face a difficult task in their quest to recover from Tuesday's loss as they travel to leaders Doncaster on Saturday.
League One's bottom two clubs will meet on Saturday as Portsmouth aim to build on a first win in 23 games with victory over Bury.
Suarez superlatives, worried Wolves and stuttering Stevenage feature as we recall what stood out for us over the football weekend.
Portsmouth will search for just their fourth point in five matches when they face Crewe at Gresty Road on Saturday.
- @The_Paris_Angel Comes with its own set of problems this glory-hunting malarkey. People don't realise. — 2 hours 45 min ago
- @The_Paris_Angel If it's any consolation, I missed the LC final, hedging my bets on two trips in the FA Cup! What a dick. — 2 hours 51 min ago
- @The_Paris_Angel Ouch. Sorry to hear that mate. I was actually hoping I might bump into you tomorrow. — 3 hours 1 min ago
- @Wingers6 See you on Weds mate! Picking Tomo up from Alicante tomorrow, couple of cheeky ones in Benidorm on the way back to Valencia! — 12 hours 42 min ago
- @adyogden I'm banking on Hilly to keep them relaxed in the run-in when the bigger clubs start to feel the pressure. Good luck! — 12 hours 43 min ago