Sheffield United hope to avoid a third successive defeat ahead of their play-off campaign when they host Preston on Saturday.
In-form Preston will look for their fifth successive match unbeaten when they travel to fellow mid-table side Crawley on Tuesday.
Tranmere hope to end a run of four straight defeats against Preston on Saturday if they're to keep slim hopes of play-offs alive.
Carlisle welcome Preston to Brunton Park on Saturday hoping for a third successive win after their impressive midweek scalp.
Tuesday evening sees a Lancashire derby at Deepdale with Oldham desperate for points as they continue their pursuit of safety.
Scunthorpe must end a run of six successive away defeats at Preston on Saturday if they're to boost their chances of survival.
Two mid-table sides lacking consistency will meet at Gresty Road on Monday as Crewe play host to Simon Grayson's Preston side.
All attentions will be on closing the five-point gap between them and safety for Portsmouth as they travel to Preston on Friday.
A fourth successive win for Leyton Orient against Preston on Saturday could see them draw level on points with the play-off pack.
Brentford will look for their eighth match unbeaten at home when they host a Preston side undefeated under new boss Simon Grayson.
After a recent wobble, Mike Holden expects Eddie Howe's Bournemouth to get back on track at Stevenage on Tuesday.
Meadow Lane will see a battle of the unbeaten bosses as Notts County welcome fellow in-form outfit Preston on Tuesday night.
- @Wingers6 See you on Weds mate! Picking Tomo up from Alicante tomorrow, couple of cheeky ones in Benidorm on the way back to Valencia! — 4 hours 9 min ago
- @adyogden I'm banking on Hilly to keep them relaxed in the run-in when the bigger clubs start to feel the pressure. Good luck! — 4 hours 11 min ago
- @OOSOUL_ Worthington not the most charismatic but clearly some substance to him. Championship in 02/03 better than L2 now. He won the title! — 4 hours 12 min ago
- @OOSOUL_ 20s — 4 hours 21 min ago
- @adyogden Classiest team in the division for me, but no guarantees of consistency. Delighted to be on at 16/1, although Hogan injury a blow. — 4 hours 21 min ago