Sheffield United hope to avoid a third successive defeat ahead of their play-off campaign when they host Preston on Saturday.
In-form Preston will look for their fifth successive match unbeaten when they travel to fellow mid-table side Crawley on Tuesday.
Tranmere hope to end a run of four straight defeats against Preston on Saturday if they're to keep slim hopes of play-offs alive.
Carlisle welcome Preston to Brunton Park on Saturday hoping for a third successive win after their impressive midweek scalp.
Tuesday evening sees a Lancashire derby at Deepdale with Oldham desperate for points as they continue their pursuit of safety.
Scunthorpe must end a run of six successive away defeats at Preston on Saturday if they're to boost their chances of survival.
Two mid-table sides lacking consistency will meet at Gresty Road on Monday as Crewe play host to Simon Grayson's Preston side.
All attentions will be on closing the five-point gap between them and safety for Portsmouth as they travel to Preston on Friday.
A fourth successive win for Leyton Orient against Preston on Saturday could see them draw level on points with the play-off pack.
Brentford will look for their eighth match unbeaten at home when they host a Preston side undefeated under new boss Simon Grayson.
After a recent wobble, Mike Holden expects Eddie Howe's Bournemouth to get back on track at Stevenage on Tuesday.
Meadow Lane will see a battle of the unbeaten bosses as Notts County welcome fellow in-form outfit Preston on Tuesday night.
- Alastair Cook is one useless tosser #Ashes #fb — 11 hours 13 min ago
- RT @KarenFazBBC: "He's not wearing shorts... He's not wearing SHORTSSS... Uwe Rosler he's not wearing shorts." #wafc fans having a party in… — 17 hours 49 min ago
- @andrew_maitland @Peter_Maitland Yes, without a doubt. 4th seamer with no genuine tweakers. Don't think I'll be setting my alarm though... — 19 hours 25 min ago
- @bifana_bifana Yes, I think. DM incoming. — 21 hours 2 min ago
- @bifana_bifana Are you going to Spurs, sir? — 21 hours 11 min ago