Sheffield United hope to avoid a third successive defeat ahead of their play-off campaign when they host Preston on Saturday.
In-form Preston will look for their fifth successive match unbeaten when they travel to fellow mid-table side Crawley on Tuesday.
Tranmere hope to end a run of four straight defeats against Preston on Saturday if they're to keep slim hopes of play-offs alive.
Carlisle welcome Preston to Brunton Park on Saturday hoping for a third successive win after their impressive midweek scalp.
Tuesday evening sees a Lancashire derby at Deepdale with Oldham desperate for points as they continue their pursuit of safety.
Scunthorpe must end a run of six successive away defeats at Preston on Saturday if they're to boost their chances of survival.
Two mid-table sides lacking consistency will meet at Gresty Road on Monday as Crewe play host to Simon Grayson's Preston side.
All attentions will be on closing the five-point gap between them and safety for Portsmouth as they travel to Preston on Friday.
A fourth successive win for Leyton Orient against Preston on Saturday could see them draw level on points with the play-off pack.
Brentford will look for their eighth match unbeaten at home when they host a Preston side undefeated under new boss Simon Grayson.
After a recent wobble, Mike Holden expects Eddie Howe's Bournemouth to get back on track at Stevenage on Tuesday.
Meadow Lane will see a battle of the unbeaten bosses as Notts County welcome fellow in-form outfit Preston on Tuesday night.
- Moyes being linked with every job going now. If he's got any sense, he'll take that long break he was supposed to take a year ago. — 2 hours 31 min ago
- @TheThomoHawk Hey pal, are you doing the Rangers v Stranraer game on Saturday? I'm back in the Stats wagon. — 2 hours 32 min ago
- @toddycounago @marklangdon @RacingPost Got mine yesterday. Leaving the house this afternoon and not coming back until I've read it! — 3 hours 21 min ago
- @herecomestroy Money not my focus. No help as a punter. Prefer to look at personality, culture, etc. City long-term orientated, Chelsea not. — 3 hours 29 min ago
- @_WhiteFever_ United's biggest core value is win at all costs. But agree, that's the only sticking point in the case for Mourinho. — 3 hours 37 min ago