Debut joy for County boss
Keith Curle saw his new Notts County side earn a late victory in his first game in charge on Wednesday night.
Jeff Hughes’ injury-time strike handed the Magpies a 1-0 triumph over FA Cup heroes Stevenage at Meadow Lane.
This, just four days after the club sacked Martin Allen following Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at Hartlepool. Stan James now make Notts 66/1 to seal promotion this term.
Meanwhile, a day earlier in the third tier, 4/1 Walsall claimed a vital win at fellow strugglers Scunthorpe. Stoke loanee Florent Cuvelier netted the only goal of the game to see the Saddlers move out of the drop zone at the expense of their hosts.
Coral still make Dean Smith’s men 5/6 to suffer relegation, with the Iron 9/4 with Paddy Power.
Charlton dropped points again as they were held to a 1-1 draw at the Valley by 13/2 Rochdale. Chris Powell’s side needed Yann Kermogant’s free-kick to claim a share of the spoils.
With second-placed Sheffield United going well, the Addicks have been moved out marginally to 4/11 for the title. They are still seven points clear at the top.
Elsewhere, MK Dons edged past Bury to remain comfortably ensconced in the play-off places.
- @MatthewStanger Valencia's ground is actually just Mestalla (name of barrio) but everyone outside Spain calls it 'the' Mestalla. — 2 hours 53 min ago
- @MatthewStanger My understanding, 'the' if named after somebody/thing (ex player, sponsors, etc) not if named by location (OT, Anfield, etc) — 2 hours 55 min ago
- @Squawka But only after celebrity Spain fan Manolo got his hands on one: http://t.co/db3lVmRl6Q — 3 hours 5 min ago
- @JoeBrewinFFT Well worth it mate. Sooner the better. — 3 hours 19 min ago
- @MarneBlair Online, via Amazon. Available in the shops any day, I believe. — 3 hours 22 min ago