Debut joy for County boss
Keith Curle saw his new Notts County side earn a late victory in his first game in charge on Wednesday night.
Jeff Hughes’ injury-time strike handed the Magpies a 1-0 triumph over FA Cup heroes Stevenage at Meadow Lane.
This, just four days after the club sacked Martin Allen following Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at Hartlepool. Stan James now make Notts 66/1 to seal promotion this term.
Meanwhile, a day earlier in the third tier, 4/1 Walsall claimed a vital win at fellow strugglers Scunthorpe. Stoke loanee Florent Cuvelier netted the only goal of the game to see the Saddlers move out of the drop zone at the expense of their hosts.
Coral still make Dean Smith’s men 5/6 to suffer relegation, with the Iron 9/4 with Paddy Power.
Charlton dropped points again as they were held to a 1-1 draw at the Valley by 13/2 Rochdale. Chris Powell’s side needed Yann Kermogant’s free-kick to claim a share of the spoils.
With second-placed Sheffield United going well, the Addicks have been moved out marginally to 4/11 for the title. They are still seven points clear at the top.
Elsewhere, MK Dons edged past Bury to remain comfortably ensconced in the play-off places.
- RT @nickgoff79: Kevin Nolan: 2013-14 Suspended Boxing Day. 2012-13 Suspended New Years Day. 2011-12 Suspended New Years Eve. 2010-11 Suspen… — 13 min 20 sec ago
- @TurnDeCruyff Done. — 20 min ago
- @Chrisdavies1966 I'm open-minded. My only point is that it's not difficult to do. It would actually be very easy, without looking too dodgy. — 52 min 19 sec ago
- @great_piece_by What happens after that not your problem. Buyer has to be happy for a clear route to the QF with no fatigue, avoiding hosts. — 11 hours 57 sec ago
- @great_piece_by Either way, somebody is going to get lucky and cop for that most coveted spot. Why not sell it? — 11 hours 5 min ago