Debut joy for County boss
Keith Curle saw his new Notts County side earn a late victory in his first game in charge on Wednesday night.
Jeff Hughes’ injury-time strike handed the Magpies a 1-0 triumph over FA Cup heroes Stevenage at Meadow Lane.
This, just four days after the club sacked Martin Allen following Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at Hartlepool. Stan James now make Notts 66/1 to seal promotion this term.
Meanwhile, a day earlier in the third tier, 4/1 Walsall claimed a vital win at fellow strugglers Scunthorpe. Stoke loanee Florent Cuvelier netted the only goal of the game to see the Saddlers move out of the drop zone at the expense of their hosts.
Coral still make Dean Smith’s men 5/6 to suffer relegation, with the Iron 9/4 with Paddy Power.
Charlton dropped points again as they were held to a 1-1 draw at the Valley by 13/2 Rochdale. Chris Powell’s side needed Yann Kermogant’s free-kick to claim a share of the spoils.
With second-placed Sheffield United going well, the Addicks have been moved out marginally to 4/11 for the title. They are still seven points clear at the top.
Elsewhere, MK Dons edged past Bury to remain comfortably ensconced in the play-off places.
- @Sammy_Goal They can't really afford another 'transitional season' imo. Need someone who knows the Prem and the club and is ready to go. — 10 hours 57 min ago
- @Parkypark Interesting. Depends how likely he is to start, but peak age and finishing the season with a flourish. Why not. — 11 hours 45 min ago
- Shame Valencia couldn't nick one near the end. Excitement tempered ahead of the 2nd leg. — 12 hours 15 min ago
- Stunning intro from @acjimbo on today's Football Weekly Extra. Genuine LOL on a busy metro. — 16 hours 4 min ago
- RT @HPoolMail: Hartlepool United fans are go for annual fancy dress party: http://t.co/Je8Uv7G2dt — 17 hours 35 min ago