Debut joy for County boss
Keith Curle saw his new Notts County side earn a late victory in his first game in charge on Wednesday night.
Jeff Hughes’ injury-time strike handed the Magpies a 1-0 triumph over FA Cup heroes Stevenage at Meadow Lane.
This, just four days after the club sacked Martin Allen following Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at Hartlepool. Stan James now make Notts 66/1 to seal promotion this term.
Meanwhile, a day earlier in the third tier, 4/1 Walsall claimed a vital win at fellow strugglers Scunthorpe. Stoke loanee Florent Cuvelier netted the only goal of the game to see the Saddlers move out of the drop zone at the expense of their hosts.
Coral still make Dean Smith’s men 5/6 to suffer relegation, with the Iron 9/4 with Paddy Power.
Charlton dropped points again as they were held to a 1-1 draw at the Valley by 13/2 Rochdale. Chris Powell’s side needed Yann Kermogant’s free-kick to claim a share of the spoils.
With second-placed Sheffield United going well, the Addicks have been moved out marginally to 4/11 for the title. They are still seven points clear at the top.
Elsewhere, MK Dons edged past Bury to remain comfortably ensconced in the play-off places.
- @Wingers6 See you on Weds mate! Picking Tomo up from Alicante tomorrow, couple of cheeky ones in Benidorm on the way back to Valencia! — 9 hours 17 min ago
- @adyogden I'm banking on Hilly to keep them relaxed in the run-in when the bigger clubs start to feel the pressure. Good luck! — 9 hours 18 min ago
- @OOSOUL_ Worthington not the most charismatic but clearly some substance to him. Championship in 02/03 better than L2 now. He won the title! — 9 hours 20 min ago
- @OOSOUL_ 20s — 9 hours 29 min ago
- @adyogden Classiest team in the division for me, but no guarantees of consistency. Delighted to be on at 16/1, although Hogan injury a blow. — 9 hours 29 min ago