Elford-Alliyu joins Rovers
West Brom striker Lateef Elford-Alliyu has returned to Tranmere on a one-month loan deal.
The 19-year-old spent the latter part of last season on loan at Prenton Park where he managed five goals in 17 appearances for Rovers.
Les Parry’s side have been in desperate need of striking reinforcements following loanee Jose Baxter’s return to Everton and a number of injuries to players including Andy Robinson and Enoch Showunmi.
"I'm really pleased to be able to bring Lateef back to the club," Parry told Tranmere's official website. "He did brilliantly for us last season and hopefully he will have a big impact again."
Elford-Alliyu added: "I had a great time when I was here last season and it's good to be back. Hopefully I can help Tranmere get back up the table."
The signing has been registered in time for Elford-Alliyu to play against Rochdale in Tuesday night’s re-arranged League One match.
Goals have been at a premium at Prenton Park this season and out-of-form Rovers are general evens to win the game against fellow strugglers Rochdale.
- @sammydymond @ElmerMatt At the time, we thought Nuts took a terrible penalty v The Czechs, but Borini & Baines clearly thought otherwise — 14 hours 54 min ago
- @HeavenBetGareth Ah yes, cue vacuous music. — 16 hours 35 min ago
- I thought that when @sammydymond signed up for that gig he asked for 2 things in his contract. And that no terrible vacuous music was 1? — 16 hours 36 min ago
- @sammydymond I've always wondered exactly what Henry Afrika's of Scunthorpe is — 16 hours 40 min ago
- @sammydymond Don't worry Hull fans - you're in safe hands with Walford. And McAllister. — 16 hours 45 min ago