Elford-Alliyu joins Rovers
West Brom striker Lateef Elford-Alliyu has returned to Tranmere on a one-month loan deal.
The 19-year-old spent the latter part of last season on loan at Prenton Park where he managed five goals in 17 appearances for Rovers.
Les Parry’s side have been in desperate need of striking reinforcements following loanee Jose Baxter’s return to Everton and a number of injuries to players including Andy Robinson and Enoch Showunmi.
"I'm really pleased to be able to bring Lateef back to the club," Parry told Tranmere's official website. "He did brilliantly for us last season and hopefully he will have a big impact again."
Elford-Alliyu added: "I had a great time when I was here last season and it's good to be back. Hopefully I can help Tranmere get back up the table."
The signing has been registered in time for Elford-Alliyu to play against Rochdale in Tuesday night’s re-arranged League One match.
Goals have been at a premium at Prenton Park this season and out-of-form Rovers are general evens to win the game against fellow strugglers Rochdale.
- Not going to miss the chance to watch Stokes make his debut, but could be a difficult nights viewing. An early comedy run-out would be grand — 14 hours 10 min ago
- @craigycraigo84 @Paul280782 Must have been the heckling at Newdigate that finaly brought about action http://t.co/mMkfMhRPvj — 14 hours 12 min ago
- Fixture list being very kind to Arsenal at the moment. Everton up next. That's five straight matches, in the right place at the right time. — 14 hours 16 min ago
- Really hope the rumours of Stokes inclusion are true @andrew_maitland @Peter_Maitland @bishbashbosh197 — 15 hours 6 min ago
- @XTinaNicolaides Any chance of you keeping your Toon chums under control? — 15 hours 7 min ago