Late Boro back in the hunt
Lawrie Wilson struck for Boro in the final minute to see them move to within two points of the play-off places.
Gary Smith’s men have struggled in league action in recent weeks – this was just their first victory in six. But they are now in to 7/1 for promotion – with Coral and Skybet – and have two games in hand on sixth-placed Notts County.
Rovers, who were a standout 11/10 with Ladbrokes to take the points, had to come from behind at Prenton Park after Graham Cummins’ early effort, but goals from Enoch Showumni and Andy Robinson were enough to see Moore’s men through.
They now sit seven points clear of the drop zone and just a point behind North End, who continue to tread water under Graham Westley.
Elsewhere, Sheffield United and Colchester shared the spoils in Essex. The second-placed Blades went in front through Will Hoskins but Steven Gillespie ensured the U’s took something from the game with an effort 11 minutes after the break.
United sit two points ahead of their city rivals but have drifted out slightly to 4/6 (Victor Chandler) to win promotion.
Results: Colchester 1-1 Sheff Utd, Stevenage 1-0 Oldham, Tranmere 2-1 Preston, Yeovil 2-2 Scunthorpe
Best of the Bets Show
- It's the biggest game in Danish football since Euro 92! Horsens v Brondy, loser down, winner stays up. Live betting available now @HeavenBet — 5 hours 35 min ago
- For the last time this season, painful analogies vaguely related to football: http://t.co/PrHqlulEMa — 11 hours 40 min ago
- Bottom of La Liga Mallorca simply must win to stand a chance of staying up. They are 2.5 @heavenbet at home to Real Betis. Visitors are 2.8. — 12 hours 31 min ago
- That's the Premier League all done, but still plenty to be decided across Europe. Anzhi are 1.6 @heavenbet to see off Lokomotiv Moscow today — 12 hours 35 min ago
- @sammydymond should I be looking to add Siena to the current top triumvirate of Burkina Faso, Brentford & Forfar then? — 13 hours 18 min ago