Late Cumbrians deny Dons
Carlisle boosted their play-off hopes on Tuesday night with a shock success at MK Dons.
The Cumbrians ran out 2-1 winners at Stadium: MK with Jordan Cook’s late double landing odds of 9/2 with Skybet.
All the goals came in the final ten minutes, with the hosts taking the lead from the penalty spot through Shaun Williams. But Cook got his first shortly afterwards and hit the clincher deep into added time.
Greg Abbott’s side remain sixth but they now have a three-point lead over seventh-placed Stevenage, who could only draw with managerless Bournemouth.
Boro were evens with Bet Victor to secure a home success but they went two goals down to the 10/3 Cherries after efforts from Wes Thomas and Scott Malone. However, Luke Freeman and Michael Bostwick levelled matters for the hosts before the break.
Elsewhere, Walsall jumped out of the drop zone thanks to a 3-1 defeat of Colchester in the Midlands. The Saddlers landed William Hill’s 17/10 but they had to come from behind after Anthony Wordsworth had put the play-off chasing visitors in front.
Strikes from Emanuel Ledesma, Mat Sadler and George Bowerman saw Dean Smith’s men move two points clear of the relegation places. They are out to 12/5 to slip into League Two.
Meanwhile, there were away triumphs for Brentford (9/5, Coral) and Leyton Orient (3/1, Bet Victor), with the Londoners seeing off Preston and Oldham respectively.
Results: MK Dons 1-2 Carlisle, Oldham 0-1 Leyton Orient, Preston 1-3 Brentford, Stevenage 2-2 Bournemouth, Walsall 3-1 Colchester
- @burdinho @OOSOUL_ Cheers mate. — 6 hours 9 min ago
- @packytheblue How's he doing? Not seen him since City won the title! Think he was avoiding me at Roses gig in Barcelona after I'd had a few! — 6 hours 10 min ago
- @packytheblue Live text updates, possible colour piece afterwards. — 6 hours 15 min ago
- @storeyda Live updates online, maybe a colour piece afterwards. — 6 hours 15 min ago
- @OOSOUL_ Cheers Pete. Too kind! — 6 hours 20 min ago