Late Cumbrians deny Dons
The Cumbrians ran out 2-1 winners at Stadium: MK with Jordan Cook’s late double landing odds of 9/2 with Skybet.
All the goals came in the final ten minutes, with the hosts taking the lead from the penalty spot through Shaun Williams. But Cook got his first shortly afterwards and hit the clincher deep into added time.
Boro were evens with Bet Victor to secure a home success but they went two goals down to the 10/3 Cherries after efforts from Wes Thomas and Scott Malone. However, Luke Freeman and Michael Bostwick levelled matters for the hosts before the break.
The Hertfordshire outfit can now be backed at 9/1 for promotion with Coral, while Stan James make Carlisle a standout 16/1.
Elsewhere, Walsall jumped out of the drop zone thanks to a 3-1 defeat of Colchester in the Midlands. The Saddlers landed William Hill’s 17/10 but they had to come from behind after Anthony Wordsworth had put the play-off chasing visitors in front.
Strikes from Emanuel Ledesma, Mat Sadler and George Bowerman saw Dean Smith’s men move two points clear of the relegation places. They are out to 12/5 to slip into League Two.
Results: MK Dons 1-2 Carlisle, Oldham 0-1 Leyton Orient, Preston 1-3 Brentford, Stevenage 2-2 Bournemouth, Walsall 3-1 Colchester
Best of the Bets Show
- ITV are getting much better. Their coverage just cut to an advert and they didn't miss a goal. — 1 hour 13 min ago
- Live betting available on the Champions League final @HeavenBet. Bayern 2.0, Draw 2.85, Dortmund 4.7 — 1 hour 23 min ago
- @ramsaymatt The resemblance between Ilkay Gündoğan and Wally Downes is uncanny. — 1 hour 51 min ago
- Watching a match at the home of @chloe_langlois for the first time since the 1990 FA Cup semi-finals. Hoping for similar excitement. — 2 hours 27 min ago
- My betting preview of tonight's Champions League final: http://t.co/zlF6j53kvh — 3 hours 22 min ago