Late Cumbrians deny Dons
Carlisle boosted their play-off hopes on Tuesday night with a shock success at MK Dons.
The Cumbrians ran out 2-1 winners at Stadium: MK with Jordan Cook’s late double landing odds of 9/2 with Skybet.
All the goals came in the final ten minutes, with the hosts taking the lead from the penalty spot through Shaun Williams. But Cook got his first shortly afterwards and hit the clincher deep into added time.
Greg Abbott’s side remain sixth but they now have a three-point lead over seventh-placed Stevenage, who could only draw with managerless Bournemouth.
Boro were evens with Bet Victor to secure a home success but they went two goals down to the 10/3 Cherries after efforts from Wes Thomas and Scott Malone. However, Luke Freeman and Michael Bostwick levelled matters for the hosts before the break.
Elsewhere, Walsall jumped out of the drop zone thanks to a 3-1 defeat of Colchester in the Midlands. The Saddlers landed William Hill’s 17/10 but they had to come from behind after Anthony Wordsworth had put the play-off chasing visitors in front.
Strikes from Emanuel Ledesma, Mat Sadler and George Bowerman saw Dean Smith’s men move two points clear of the relegation places. They are out to 12/5 to slip into League Two.
Meanwhile, there were away triumphs for Brentford (9/5, Coral) and Leyton Orient (3/1, Bet Victor), with the Londoners seeing off Preston and Oldham respectively.
Results: MK Dons 1-2 Carlisle, Oldham 0-1 Leyton Orient, Preston 1-3 Brentford, Stevenage 2-2 Bournemouth, Walsall 3-1 Colchester
- If Aguero needs motivation to maintain his fine early season form, and maybe even aspire to something more, he's got it. — 3 hours 36 min ago
- Masterstroke from Pellegrini to compare Aguero and Suarez, intentional or not. Everybody's talking about it, vast majority saying Suarez. — 3 hours 38 min ago
- RT @Rupert_Fryer: @snap_kaka_pop including this lunatic, who apparently hid in the coach bathroom http://t.co/L28WKJbMwS — 5 hours 26 min ago
- RT @snap_kaka_pop: Three Vasco fans arrested following ugly scenes at the Arena Joinville last night will be charged with attempted murder. — 5 hours 26 min ago
- RT @eaamalyon: Seriousness of Brazil violence tonight was such that it's front page of Marca, back page of Daily Mirror and many more furth… — 15 hours 49 min ago