Parry pleads for patience
Les Parry has urged Tranmere fans to have more patience over the club’s current League One form.
Parry was targeted by sections of the Prenton Park crowd on Tuesday night as his Rovers side could only manage a 0-0 draw with struggling Rochdale which leaves them with just one win from their last 11 league games.
He was eager to point out that the squad are currently struggling with a number of injuries and illnesses which have contributed to their form.
Parry said: "I know the crowd have had a little pop at me. I don't like to have a go back at the crowd, but if they're sitting in the stand and they look over their shoulder and see how many of our players are sitting on the same row as them and who those players are.
"I have two players who shouldn't have been on the pitch and I've got two players who - without going into too much detail - couldn't get off the toilet at half-time.
"I've got Muzzy (Mustafa Tiryaki) out and we missed him and, at the last minute, Adam McGurk. Then Ian Goodison picked up a knee injury, Ash Taylor wanted to come off with his calf and Bucks (David Buchanan) with his shin. So, if the fans take a little step back and look at what we've got."
Tranmere travel to Bournemouth on Saturday and Stan James offer a market-leading 15/4 about the away win.
- @ojpryce I've heard that after the success of the first season, they've doubled the amount of episodes for the second. See you in 2015. — 23 min 3 sec ago
- @herecomestroy Lazy riposte. Money matters, of course. If it was the only thing, we'd have been in this position three years ago. — 45 min 10 sec ago
- For the past five years, City have been clearing hurdles one at a time. It's been a step-by-step process. Belief always the key ingredient. — 58 min 29 sec ago
- Why do people seem to band the word 'belief' about like it's some kind of cliche that doesn't actually mean anything? — 1 hour 1 min ago
- @RonanOSull @honigstein @The_Paris_Angel Not saying that's a choice MP made, but middle-ground is a happy place. Only outsiders unhappy. — 1 hour 9 min ago