Parry pleads for patience
Les Parry has urged Tranmere fans to have more patience over the club’s current League One form.
Parry was targeted by sections of the Prenton Park crowd on Tuesday night as his Rovers side could only manage a 0-0 draw with struggling Rochdale which leaves them with just one win from their last 11 league games.
He was eager to point out that the squad are currently struggling with a number of injuries and illnesses which have contributed to their form.
Parry said: "I know the crowd have had a little pop at me. I don't like to have a go back at the crowd, but if they're sitting in the stand and they look over their shoulder and see how many of our players are sitting on the same row as them and who those players are.
"I have two players who shouldn't have been on the pitch and I've got two players who - without going into too much detail - couldn't get off the toilet at half-time.
"I've got Muzzy (Mustafa Tiryaki) out and we missed him and, at the last minute, Adam McGurk. Then Ian Goodison picked up a knee injury, Ash Taylor wanted to come off with his calf and Bucks (David Buchanan) with his shin. So, if the fans take a little step back and look at what we've got."
Tranmere travel to Bournemouth on Saturday and Stan James offer a market-leading 15/4 about the away win.
- @daysofspeed @The_Paris_Angel Heartwarming close-up of joyous Blackburn fan giving double Vs to Danny Ings after disallowed goal yesterday. — 6 hours 54 min ago
- RT @StevenageFC: Tuesday night games at The Lamex have been fun this season. P6, W6, F13, A4, GD+9. Who fancies a 7th win tomorrow? http://… — 6 hours 59 min ago
- @ManCityMEN @PeterSpencerMEN What exactly is Fred offering 66/1 about? Looks like a 1-3 correct score price to me. Need to make it clear. — 10 hours 23 min ago
- @scottyover Glad I missed it now! — 22 hours 20 min ago
- @ChrisNotMatt To be fair, @TheNorthMonkee identified @TopDaneFold as the weakest at the table, and bullied him out of most of his stack. — 1 day 3 hours ago