Parry pleads for patience
Les Parry has urged Tranmere fans to have more patience over the club’s current League One form.
Parry was targeted by sections of the Prenton Park crowd on Tuesday night as his Rovers side could only manage a 0-0 draw with struggling Rochdale which leaves them with just one win from their last 11 league games.
He was eager to point out that the squad are currently struggling with a number of injuries and illnesses which have contributed to their form.
Parry said: "I know the crowd have had a little pop at me. I don't like to have a go back at the crowd, but if they're sitting in the stand and they look over their shoulder and see how many of our players are sitting on the same row as them and who those players are.
"I have two players who shouldn't have been on the pitch and I've got two players who - without going into too much detail - couldn't get off the toilet at half-time.
"I've got Muzzy (Mustafa Tiryaki) out and we missed him and, at the last minute, Adam McGurk. Then Ian Goodison picked up a knee injury, Ash Taylor wanted to come off with his calf and Bucks (David Buchanan) with his shin. So, if the fans take a little step back and look at what we've got."
Tranmere travel to Bournemouth on Saturday and Stan James offer a market-leading 15/4 about the away win.
- @JoeBrewinFFT Well worth it mate. Sooner the better. — 4 min 16 sec ago
- @MarneBlair Online, via Amazon. Available in the shops any day, I believe. — 7 min 33 sec ago
- Something magical about having a tidy, colourful, pocket-sized guide in your hands. Like being a kid again. Even smells ace. — 8 min 28 sec ago
- So many punters reading the same thing, you don't want everyone jumping to same conclusions. But loads of angles here, enough to go around. — 17 min 35 sec ago
- Brilliant summary of all 32 teams, yet plenty of scope for you to pick at certain threads and unravel further with your own investigation. — 23 min 29 sec ago