Chairboys' revival continues
Wycombe Wanderer’s resurgence under caretaker manager Gareth Ainsworth continued with a 1-0 win at promotion contenders Fleetwood Town on Saturday afternoon.
On-loan QPR midfielder Bruno Andrade scored the only goal on his league debut for the club after only signing from the Premier League side on Monday, and the Chairboys are now three points clear of the drop-zone.
Wanderers were as big as 5/1 to bring home maximum points from Highbury, where the Cod Army have now lost twice this term, equaling their total home defeats during last season’s Conference-winning campaign.
Ainsworth’s side are now unbeaten in four and they continue to drift in the relegation market, with William Hill now pricing them at 6/1 from 9/2 earlier in the week.
Fleetwood’s chances of promotion, meanwhile, have not been hampered too much despite them dropping to fourth, with Ladbrokes shortening them marginally from 4/5 to 10/11.
Sam Williams’ double was enough to ensure all three points for the Daggers, who go six points clear of the bottom two and are unbeaten in their last five league games.
The Spireites have won just once in their last six, but sit only four points outside of the play-offs, as they look for a return to League One at the first time of asking.
League leaders Gillingham are looking the most likely to be playing third tier football next year after thumping lowly Aldershot 4-0 at Priestfield. The Gills are now are no bigger than 5/2 to take the title.
The Shrimpers were 3/1 to claim a victory at the New York Stadium, but a brace from leading goalscorer Britt Assombalonga helped to move them ahead of their opponents into ninth, and one point away from the play-offs.
New Barnet coach Edgar Davids witnessed his side fall to a 4-1 home defeat at the hands of 2/1 Plymouth, and will have his work cut out in order to stop the north London side slipping into non-league, for which they are a best-priced 1/3 quote.
Results: Barnet 1-4 Plymouth, Bradford 1-1 York, Burton 1-1 Bristol Rovers, Chesterfield 1-2 Dagenham, Fleetwood Town 0-1 Wycombe, Gillingham 4-0 Aldershot, Northampton 3-0 Exeter, Rochdale 1-2 Morecambe, Rotherham 0-3 Southend, Torquay 3-1 Accrington, Wimbledon 1-2 Cheltenham
Best of the Bets Show
- @ramsaymatt The resemblance between Ilkay Gündoğan and Wally Downes is uncanny. — 34 min 51 sec ago
- Watching a match at the home of @chloe_langlois for the first time since the 1990 FA Cup semi-finals. Hoping for similar excitement. — 1 hour 10 min ago
- My betting preview of tonight's Champions League final: http://t.co/zlF6j53kvh — 2 hours 6 min ago
- Much excitement @Heavenbet Towers about the Champions League final tonight. Bayern Munich are 1.79, Borussia Dortmund 4.77, the draw is 3.9. — 9 hours 33 min ago
- Much drama in the NBA last night, and its the turn of Memphis and San Antonio tonight. The Grizzlies are 1.42 to win @heavenbet — 9 hours 34 min ago