Dale deny leaders
John Coleman’s side were 7/2 outsiders to inflict the Gills’ first league defeat of the season, but prevailed 2-1 in Kent to claim a fourth win in six.
Martin Allen’s men found themselves a goal and a man down at half-time, after Andrew Tutte had given Dale the lead on 15 minutes and Danny Jackman was sent-off shortly after the half-hour mark.
Robert Grant netted his seventh of the campaign to double the visitors’ advantage in the second half, while Danny Kedwell’s ninth of the season for Gillingham proved to be a mere consolation.
Gillingham remain top, but their lead has been narrowed to three points, while Rochdale move up to seventh and into the play-off places. Their promotion odds have begun to shorten as a result and they are now 7/1 with BetVictor from 9/1 on Saturday.
The Gas were 3/1 to leave St James Park with their first three points of the season and obliged thanks to Eliot Richards’ winning goal 21 minutes from time. The deciding moment came shortly after Exeter’s Jamie Cureton had netted for the seventh time in 2012/13 to equalise David Clarkson’s early opener.
Odds on Rovers being relegated are subsequently on the drift, with Coral now offering 16/1 on them dropping down into the Conference.
Wycombe’s chances of relegation, however, are swiftly shortening, with Bet365 slashing their odds from 9/1 to 5/1 after a fourth successive defeat, this time 3-0 at Dagenham, who were previously without a win.
11/5 Port Vale scuppered Bradford’s unbeaten home record with a 1-0 victory at Valley Parade courtesy of Tom Pope’s ninth of the campaign, while York won their first game in five with a 2-0 triumph away at Aldershot.
Results: Cheltenham 2-0 Morecambe, Aldershot 0-2 York, Bradford 0-1 Port Vale, Burton 3-3 Northampton, Chesterfield 1-1 Torquay, Dagenham 3-0 Wycombe, Exeter 1-2 Bristol Rovers, Fleetwood 2-1 Barnet, Gillingham 1-2 Rochdale, Plymouth 1-1 Southend, Rotherham 3-1 Oxford, Wimbledon 1-2 Accrington
Best of the Bets Show
- @drybeck77 Cheers, most disappointed he didn't take his shirt off to celebrate, although maybe the ref would have bottled that one as well. — 1 hour 11 min ago
- Jurgen Klopp could well be the finest human being in the world — 1 hour 13 min ago
- ITV are getting much better. Their coverage just cut to an advert and they didn't miss a goal. — 2 hours 58 min ago
- Live betting available on the Champions League final @HeavenBet. Bayern 2.0, Draw 2.85, Dortmund 4.7 — 3 hours 9 min ago
- @ramsaymatt The resemblance between Ilkay Gündoğan and Wally Downes is uncanny. — 3 hours 37 min ago