Lethal Latics 16s for the drop
Wigan boosted their Premier League survival hopes with yet another prize scalp as they put Newcastle to the sword in a first-half rout at the DW Stadium.
A quickfire double from livewire striker Victor Moses (9/1 first goalscorer) put the Latics 2-0 ahead inside 15 minutes and further goals from Shaun Maloney and Franco Di Santo had those who backed the home win at 19/10 with Paddy Power counting their winnings by half-time.
It means Roberto Martinez's men have now beaten three of the top four in the past 17 days, following on from their shock victories over Manchester United and Arsenal in a treble that rolled up at 376/1.
Wigan now sit three points above the drop zone with a much-improved goal difference and they've drifted from 3/1 out to 16/1 for relegation with Betfred ahead of next weekend's trip to Blackburn followed by a home game against relegated Wolves. Newcastle have drifted from 6/4 out to 7/2 to finish in the top four.
Meanwhile, Bolton and Aston Villa both avoided defeat on the road in somewhat different circumstances at Sunderland and West Brom respectively. Wanderers drew 2-2 at the Stadium of Light, Kevin Davies (17/2 first goalscorer) bagging a brace, while Villa played out a dour goalless stalemate at the Hawthorns.
Bolton remain in the bottom three and can be backed at 11/8 for relegation with William Hill, Villa have a three-point cushion and Stan James offer 10/1 on them going down.
Results: Everton 4-0 Fulham, Norwich 0-3 Liverpool, Stoke 1-1 Arsenal, Sunderland 2-2 Bolton, Swansea 4-4 Wolves, West Brom 0-0 Aston Villa, Wigan 4-0 Newcastle
Best of the Bets Show
- For the last time this season, painful analogies vaguely related to football: http://t.co/PrHqlulEMa — 6 hours 6 min ago
- Bottom of La Liga Mallorca simply must win to stand a chance of staying up. They are 2.5 @heavenbet at home to Real Betis. Visitors are 2.8. — 6 hours 57 min ago
- That's the Premier League all done, but still plenty to be decided across Europe. Anzhi are 1.6 @heavenbet to see off Lokomotiv Moscow today — 7 hours 1 min ago
- @sammydymond should I be looking to add Siena to the current top triumvirate of Burkina Faso, Brentford & Forfar then? — 7 hours 45 min ago
- @drhorsewhip Agreed on all counts. I make Rochdale no bigger than 12s myself. — 9 hours 19 min ago