Preston came from behind against Morecambe to progress in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy during midweek, but in league action their last outing wasn't so successful.
Akpo Sodje netted at Oldham last weekend, but North End returned from the trip pointless after a 3-1 defeat, and their misery was compounded when Shane Cansdell-Sherriff was sent off for two late yellow cards although, having served the suspension during the week, he will be available for Sunday's match.
Sodje will be eyeing a return to the starting line-up after bagging another two from the bench in the cup win, but manager Graham Westley has plenty of options after making nine changes to the starting XI from their last league match for Tuesday's win.
MK Dons come into the weekend still in the play-off places despite being held to a 2-2 draw at home to Portsmouth last time out, although they had to work haard for the point after falling two-down within 20 minutes.
An own goal and Darren Potter's equaliser were enough to extend Karl Robinson's side's unbeaten streak to six league outings, but they have won just one of their five away league matches this term.
Defender Gary McKenzie will be missing after recently undergoing hip surgery, while fellow back four member Anthony Kay will sit this one out after picking up his fifth booking of the campaign last weekend.
Two of the league's promotion hopefuls will guarantee an entertaining fixture for the television cameras, and a high-scoring affair could well be settled by the odd strike, with home advantage the likely deciding factor.Maria Hudd
Verdict: Preston 3-2 MK Dons
Best of the Bets Show
- @Jonathan__Hill No mate, just footy atm, although Sam's your man for such enquiries now. Not sure about the summer schedule. — 4 hours 19 min ago
- Big basketball action tonight as the Spurs meet the Grizzlies. @Heavenbet prices are available here: http://t.co/hiOy0ziDHX — 17 hours 31 min ago
- @vasman60 Yeah, well weird. Don't mind this Eastern/Western business, so long as they sort a bog-standard round-robin. — 18 hours 20 min ago
- Been umming and ahhing about punting on MLS but my OCD couldn't cope with a league consisting of 19 teams. Nice one, City. #fuckoffredbulls — 18 hours 31 min ago
- @OllieHolt22 It's also going to be the most biased thing you've ever read. Loved his last one, but nearly every page needed a pinch of salt. — 19 hours 20 min ago