QPR boss Mark Hughes reckoned his side were unfortunate to lose at Tottenham last time out, as they were rocked by two second-half goals in quick succession.
Rangers remain winless in the Premier League, having lost three and drawn two of their outings so far. Positive signs have arrived in fits and starts, although for a side brimming with experience, they have been missing a spark at times.
Two players liable to provide some of that invention – Djibril Cisse and Adel Taarabt – have been peripheral figures of late but Hughes has insisted both remain part of his plans.
Defensive duo Jose Bosingwa and Fabio are doubts for Monday’s clash, while Andrew Johnson is a likely to be out for the majority of the campaign with knee trouble.
West Ham haven’t quite managed to find consistency in the early stages of the campaign but eight points from five games counts as an encouraging return for the newly-promoted Hammers.
However, they did slump to a 4-1 home defeat at the hands of Wigan in the Capital One Cup in midweek, albeit with a number of fringe players included.
Sam Allardyce’s men go in search of their first away league victory of the season at Loftus Road, having failed to score in their two previous trips – a 3-0 reverse at Swansea and a goalless draw at Norwich.
Jack Collison (knee) and loanee Andy Carroll (hamstring) are both set to miss the derby.
Neither side has set the world alight of late but after enjoying useful moments against Spurs, it may finally be time for the R’s to notch that first victory, but don’t expect it to be comfortable.Henry Milward
Verdict: QPR 1-0 West Ham
Best of the Bets Show
- @dih_uk Goal of the season competition from 1987/88 (when football wasn't rubbish) http://t.co/SvO1PAuLXQ Can you spot the trend? — 1 hour 58 min ago
- @Jonathan__Hill No mate, just footy atm, although Sam's your man for such enquiries now. Not sure about the summer schedule. — 9 hours 44 min ago
- Big basketball action tonight as the Spurs meet the Grizzlies. @Heavenbet prices are available here: http://t.co/hiOy0ziDHX — 22 hours 56 min ago
- @vasman60 Yeah, well weird. Don't mind this Eastern/Western business, so long as they sort a bog-standard round-robin. — 23 hours 45 min ago
- Been umming and ahhing about punting on MLS but my OCD couldn't cope with a league consisting of 19 teams. Nice one, City. #fuckoffredbulls — 23 hours 56 min ago