Sheffield Wednesday were easily beaten 3-0 on Friday evening by Brighton, their second straight league defeat.
After their impressive start, Dave Jones’ side have laboured in their last two outings, but have won their last seven competitive matches at Hillsborough and are unbeaten in the last 11 there.
Jones has admitted his side need to shore up at the back, but the manager is short of defensive options with injuries to Lewis Buxton, Anthony Gardner and Reda Johnson.
Danny Ward scored after only 47 seconds as Huddersfield continued their good start to the season with a 1-0 win at home to Derby.
The Terriers have picked up eight points from their opening five matches, and are now unbeaten in their last four outings.
Ward was substituted during the second half on Saturday with a back strain but has recovered in time for this one, although manager Simon Grayson has admitted a couple of players are carrying knocks, but refused to reveal any names.
Last season’s League One meeting at Hillsborough saw an incredible 4-4 draw between these sides, with the now departed Jordan Rhodes netting all four for the Terriers.
The visitors have looked more at home at this level than their hosts, but a vocal home support could spur on Wednesday to continue an impressive home record.Richard Greatorex
Verdict: Sheff Wed 1-1 Huddersfield
Best of the Bets Show
- @vasman60 Yeah, well weird. Don't mind this Eastern/Western business, so long as they sort a bog-standard round-robin. — 32 min 13 sec ago
- Been umming and ahhing about punting on MLS but my OCD couldn't cope with a league consisting of 19 teams. Nice one, City. #fuckoffredbulls — 42 min 48 sec ago
- @OllieHolt22 It's also going to be the most biased thing you've ever read. Loved his last one, but nearly every page needed a pinch of salt. — 1 hour 32 min ago
- If Arsene Wenger steps down this summer, Twitter will be the world's longest-serving manager of tiresome tweets. — 1 hour 44 min ago
- @pitexchange @keitthpunter Not saying it will be easy. But given the wages they pay, they can afford a good, experienced manager. — 1 hour 55 min ago