Shrewsbury Town's winless run stretched to five matches in all competitions during midweek as they fell to a 2-1 defeat at home to Crewe in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, but they'll be looking to buck that trend when they welcome Walsall to Shropshire on Sunday afternoon.
In the league, the Shrews have drawn two and lost two of their last four outings, the latest of which was a 1-0 defeat at Doncaster, leaving them only two points above the drop zone coming into this weekend.
Manager Graham Turner remains without strikers Terry Gornell and Sam Winnall through injury, but apart from that has a fully-fit squad to choose from, and the boss believes on their day his squad are capable of beating any other side in League One.
Walsall were also eliminated from the JPT during the week as they fell to a penalty shoot-out defeat to Port Vale at the Bescot Stadium.
In their previous two league games, the Saddlers have not fared much better, falling to consecutive defeats at home, both by a 2-1 scoreline to Leyton Orient and Carlisle, but manager Dean Smith was still pleased with the performances of his side in those losses.
Smith only has to contend with one absentee in the form of young striker Will Grigg, who is away on international duty with Northern Ireland.
In one of football's lesser reknowned derbies, both Shrewsbury and Walsall will be eager to reverse their fortunes at the expense of their rivals, and given that the Saddlers have won three of their last four away days in league action, they could be confident of extending Turner's misery at Greenhous Meadow.Maria Hudd
Verdict: Shrewsbury 0-2 Walsall
Best of the Bets Show
- @Peter_Maitland @bishbashbosh197 @sammydymond Where. On Earth. Is Lord Beaverbrook? — 1 day 2 hours ago
- Hoffenheim only qualified for this play-off with two late penalties to win at Dortmund. Will their luck hold again tonight? — 1 day 4 hours ago
- Today's big match is the relegation decider in Germany. Hoffenheim 1.9 v Kaiserslautern 4.17 @heavenbet The draw is 3.45 — 1 day 4 hours ago
- @dih_uk That's one of my favourite ever FFL sketches! I voted B-C-A, by the way. — 1 day 16 hours ago
- @dih_uk Goal of the season competition from 1987/88 (when football wasn't rubbish) http://t.co/SvO1PAuLXQ Can you spot the trend? — 1 day 23 hours ago